Current areas of investigation include:
- the partial frequencies of long-waisted bells, and a new experimental technique for identifying partials
- the partial frequencies and pitch of tubular bells
- a piece of work recently completed on the strike pitch and stretch tuning in historic peals of bells
- the acoustics of very large bells and the phenomenon of secondary strike
- anomalies in the tuning forks of Gillett & Johnston
- bells from particular founders; I am currently collecting recordings and tuning figures of bells by William Dobson of Downham Market in Norfolk.